Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Letter to My Son on His 13th Birthday

Dear Hayden,

I cannot believe you are 13!  Or maybe I can't believe I am 13 years older!!!!!  I want you to know that I have never thought of you as a "step-son" but as a son.  I have enjoyed all the perks of being your "mom" without the pain of childbirth!  You are an amazing individual and I hope you never forget that.  It has been an honor to watch you grow into the person you are becoming and I am thankful everyday that I get to be a part of your life.  You are sweet, caring, loving, compassionate, sensitive, honest, and considerate (and a million other things I forgot to mention).  You are such an important part of this family, even before Ava came along and probably more so now.  You are an amazing big brother and I know Ava loves you so much and I hope you can continue to be close and spend as much time together as possible!  I hope that you have a wonderful day today and that it is everything you hope it to be.  I love you more than words can ever express and I hope you never forget who you are and what you mean to me and this family.

Love always,
Melinda






No comments:

Post a Comment